Re: Who is willing to work on this stuff?

Hi -

I think protocol enhancements would be desirable, but the work should have
been completed over a decade ago.  Think about how much effort it's taken
to get SNMPv3 deployed.  That's a case where the previous versions provided
nothing, and governments and institutions have been *talking* a lot about the
need for security.  I won't dispute the value of filtering and more precise bulk
operations.  My concern is that this work may need something akin to RFC
2576 to explain how it can provide value in an internet groaning under the
weight of old iron that's not likely to be replaced any time soon.  I also think
that we should continue to be upfront about the impacts on AgentX, and that,
ideally, that WG would operate in parallel on the subagent interface issues.

I am willing to review drafts, and have already provided a few comments to
Wes out-of-band.

Randy