Re: Who is willing to work on this stuff?

Glenn> I have seen only a few messages saying that the protocol
Glenn> enhancements are necessary. I have seen more messages that say
Glenn> they are not necessary but MIB enhancements are desired.

Glenn> Speak up if you think that protocol enhancements are
Glenn> required. Further, if you are willing to review, implement,
Glenn> and/or edit drafts for the protocol enhancements then let the
Glenn> list know.

I still believe that new protocol operations to improve efficiency and
(perhaps in a second step to support new features) are needed and I
would be happy to use them in mgmt applications I have written.

However, I am not sure this WG has demonstrated that it is able to
produce them in a timely manner. Perhaps we should just encourage Wes
and others interested in this to prototype something and if it works
and shows orders of magnitudes of spead up, then we have something to
standardize.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>