Re: FW: sming meeting minutes draft... Questions for the wg.

Hi -

> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:15:54 -0800
> To: "Glenn Waters" <gww@nortelnetworks.com>
> From: Andy Bierman <abierman@cisco.com>
> Subject: Re: FW: sming meeting minutes draft... Questions for the wg.
> Cc: eos@ops.ietf.org
>                                  I don't know what you mean by a choice
> of XML schema languages.  I think the choice has to be XML Schema from
> the W3C.  The only other choice is DTDs, and they are not expressive enough
> to foster interoperability or allow for complex, reusable data types.

There's also ASN.1, especially its more recent incarnations.

ISO/IEC 8825-4:2002 (ITU-T Rec. X.693) defines the encoding
rules to encode data defined using ASN.1 grammars in XML.

 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  SJC-1.3141
 randy_presuhn@bmc.com  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San Josť, California 95131  USA
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.