RE: FW: sming meeting minutes draft... Questions for the wg.

Title: RE: FW: sming meeting minutes draft... Questions for the wg.

Sidney writes:

> Although I share you enthusiasm for XML as a technology for management,
> the
> reality is that I have not seen any RFP related to NGN networks in the
> last
> 3 years that mentions XML at all.

Don't confuse my email for enthusiasm. I was trying to give a pragmatic view about what I see happening in the IETF and to some degree in the industry.

With respect to RFPs -- I don't expect to see XML in RFPs. Standards are a funny thing, once you create one that is when they will show up in an RFP. New standards need to start somewhere. Given the interest levels from both operators and technology people it seems that XML is the next technology to pursue and standardize.

Cheers, /gww