Re: IETF 55 EOS WG Minutes and Presentation

At 12/6/2002:04:32 PM, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

Hi Juergen,

>we do not need things like EOS

Or maybe just the specific projects that EOS is
talking about at this point in time.

On the whole, I am all for an evolution of SNMP
"steering group" like WG.

>and SNMP is just fine as it is today.

With the security improvements of SNMPv3 already
in place, that statement would apply pretty well
if only we improved the quality (especially re the
operational capabilities) of MIBs including, of
course, the corresponding agents to implement them
and management apps to deliver their value to the
end-users.

Adding more complexity to the protocol w/o first
addressing that glaring need won't help much, IMHO.

I know that theme is probably a dead horse....

Cheers,

BobN