Re: IETF 55 EOS WG Minutes and Presentation

David> I question whether the features being discussed (here and in
David> SMING) provide adequate customer benefit to justify the
David> disruption caused by requiring SNMP stack updates to their
David> deployed products.

That's certainly subject to debate, but I can tell you that the
protocol operations I wrote were designed on the way home from the IAB
NM seminar because they more directly fit the needs of what that group
of people needed with respect to functionality.  Now, the deployment
issue is always a problem.  But then again, you always have to deploy
something new to get new features so there is no way around that
regardless of what solution you pick to access something.

--
Wes Hardaker
Network Associates Laboratories