RE: IETF 55 EOS WG Minutes and Presentation

Hi,

I was one of the people representing a vendor dependent on stack vendor implementations. The two third party stacks we use are from SNMP Research and Net-SNMP. A representative from SNMP Research said they are already working on implementing the draft, and a representative from Net-SNMP said they are implementing the draft (surprise, surprise). I made that statement during the meeting in response to Wes's question of whether we'd be willing to ask our stack vendor to implement this.

I think I was the one who questioned whether there was benefit, but the concern was whether there was real benefit for my company's **customers**.

The operators have slapped our wrists for not paying adequate attention to end-user needs; we need to consider the real benefit to vendor's customers. I question whether the features being discussed (here and in SMING) provide adequate customer benefit to justify the disruption caused by requiring SNMP stack updates to their deployed products.

dbh