Re: Call for censensus on path forward

Andy,
Andy Bierman wrote:
> At 01:28 PM 9/27/2002 +0900, D.Chakraborty wrote:
>
>>[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
>> miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>The URL I gave earlier has severe access restrictions. Sorry
>>about that - I have set up the high resolution traffic
>>monitoring server on another machine. Try this.
>>
>>a. for 10ms resolution graph
>>    http://pc5.sendai.wide.ad.jp/HRTM/hrtmapplet-10ms.html
>>b. for  5 sec resolution graph
>>    http://pc5.sendai.wide.ad.jp/HRTM/hrtmapplet-5sec.html
>

> this didn't work on my IE5.5 browser
Worked for me. But I am using IE6.0. [Works with Mozilla 1.0.1.

>>And in case you have problems with your browser then you may also
>>try
>>   appletviewer http://pc5.sendai.wide.ad.jp/HRTM/hrtmapplet-10ms.html
>>and
>>   appletviewer http://pc5.sendai.wide.ad.jp/HRTM/hrtmapplet-5sec.html
>

> these URLs look the same as the first set.
This works too. In case the browser's java configuration has problems
appletviewer will work.

> IMO, a feature design is broken if it requires 100 SNMP polls a second
This application does not do 100 SNMP polls.
> to work.  It is way better to design a proper MIB for the job, cook
> the data on the agent, and move the results to the NMS as needed.
This application is doing precisely that. It gets 500 MO-Instance
values corresponding to the MO's time development, at 10msec sampling
intervals for 5 sec time span.

>>Regards.
>>- debasish.
>

> Andy