Re: Call for censensus on path forward

Bob> Lastly, in terms of an IRTF-like effort, I don't disagree at all
Bob> with your (or EoS, or SMIng) direction.

Heh.  But you still disagree with the charter of the SMIng and EoS
working groups, because, as you are indicating, you think they should
be IRTF groups not IETF groups.

Anyway, I agree with much of what you're saying with respect the need
for smarter agents and a better infrastructure we can rely upon.  I
see a need, however, for attacking the infrastructure from both what
is deployed (the type of data we can get at) and the protocol (better
and more scalable methods of retrieving the better data we're supposed
to be getting).

--
Wes Hardaker
Network Associates Laboratories