Re: Call for censensus on path forward

Wes,

OK- you're referring to page 8 the "index-request-list[]" and
"column-request-list[]" and corresponding description on page 11?

I'm wondering if the distinction between the two lists is useful?  each attribute
has a component-id whether index or `column'.  I realize it is still early in the
development of  these concepts- I'm also wondering why a max-depth field is needed
as this could be signalled within an `attributes-wanted[]' list (combines the
index+column-request-list, and extends for sub-objects.

For example, assume `0.0' indicates "This object", so `0.0.1` would be the first
component/attribute of the object.  If the fifth component contained a subobject,
and we wanted the first and second attribute, we would add `0.0.5.1' and `0.0.5.2'

This just seems different to me than that which is the oops-01 draft.

Also (I think already mentioned elsewhere by another poster), I'm not sure the
index-search-objects[] list is useful.

My area of comfort with column-search-objects[] should behave more like secondary
ISAM keys (old IBM file format...) And, maybe that MIB designers should have
control over what can be a searchable attribute/column be specifying it within the
SMI as an alternative indice clause.  Taking this approach may serve to minimize
fears of complexity for the agent?

Regards,

Mark