From: Glenn Waters <gww@nortelnetworks.com>
To: eos@ops.ietf.org <eos@ops.ietf.org>
Date: 16 September 2002 17:01
Subject: Call for censensus on path forward

A number of different proposals have been put forward to address the work items on the EOS WG charter. The proposals solve different problems around the work items listed in the charter. The working group needs to come to consensus around which problems that should be solved and which of the solutions below best addresses those problems.

The proposals that can be considered are:

1. Dave Shield's Extended Capability Negotiation

   www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shield-eos-capabilities-00.txt

2. Wes Hardaker's Object Oriented PDUs for SNMP

   www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardaker-eos-oops-01.txt

   (The -00 version is current and the -01 has been submitted as a replacement.)

3. Glenn Mansfield Keeni's Managed Object / Aggregation MIB modules

   www.ietf.org/draft-glenn-mo-aggr-mib-01.txt

   www.ietf.org/draft-glenn-mo-taggr-mib-00.txt

4. Dave Perkins' Get Columns Operation

   www.ietf.org/draft-perkins-eos-gc-00.txt

   (Note: I have only seen the draft in an email on the EOS list, I

   have assumed that it has been submitted as an ID.)

Which of proposals 1, 2, 3 or 4 do you think that the WG should pursue to focus in on the work items in the charter? Only one of the four solutions above will be the focal point for moving forward, however ideas may be combined other proposals.

I will announce the summary of the consensus call one week from today (Monday, September 23) *unless* there is still active discussion which would preclude being able to make a reasonable decision at that time.

/gww

Chair, EOS WG