Re: Protocol operations proposal deadline

David> I have a fundamental problem of viewing filtering as a way to
David> "remove" the "columns" (attributes) returned by an
David> operation. This implies that the operation is retrieving all
David> columns (attributes) of all instances (rows) of an object class
David> (table). This is both wasteful and limiting.

David, I don't totally understand what you're trying to get at but
based on what you've said I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything that
you dislike.  Specifically, I'm not sure why you think I said the
operations would be retrieving all attributes of all instances.  I
specifically tried to say the opposite in that the attributes being
returned would be limited.

--
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will
 insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."   -- Terry Pratchett