Re: Protocol operations proposal deadline

Mark> (3) I like very much the fundamental suggestions in
Mark> draft-hardaker-eos-oops.
Mark> I would also like to see additional filtering added to the new
Mark> oops operations.  There are two sorts of filtering to suggest
Mark> here.  The first is a mechanism to specify which components
Mark> within an oo-object should be returned (e.g.  which columns
Mark> within a row).

Mark,

FYI, I asked this exact question in Yokohama and got an overwhelming
"yes", so there is support already for it in the next version of the
draft which I intend to post sometime in the next few days.

Mark> The second sort of filtering would require the CG to supply a
Mark> secondary varbind list containing metadata (in a proper
Mark> placement within the oops message) to facilitate getting the
Mark> next object/row with a particular characteristic.  An example
Mark> was posted wrt to scli where the next ifEntry associated with an
Mark> ethernet interface was desired.  This mechanism might prove
Mark> useful in reducing overall message exchange between CG and CR.

There are more filtering changes in the next version with respect to
requesting a particular subset of data as well.  Take a look at it
(next week) and let me know what you think.

--
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will
 insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."   -- Terry Pratchett