Re: Protocol operations proposal deadline

Dave> Well, that was certainly my experience when actually coding
Dave> this.  I didn't need to write new parsing routines to handle a
Dave> new format, and adding in a bit of option extraction/insertion
Dave> code *was* easier than writing message/PDU parsing routines
Dave> would have been.

In the code I am familiar with, parsing a new PDU boils down to a
sequence of calls to the BER encoder/decoder library and filling out a
data structure. This is in my experience trivial compared to the
amount of work needed to implement the semantics.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>