Re: Protocol operations proposal deadline

[...]

Andy> In summary, I think we should leave existing versions of the
Andy> SNMP PDU alone, and add new features to a new message structure
Andy> in the cleanest manner possible.

I agree.

Although we should learn from history and have a few unused bits in
the new PDU format. The traditional Internet protocol formats always
lead to some unused bits due to the alignment of various fields. ASN.1
itself does not lead to some unused bits in this natural way and so
they have to be designed into the protocol.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>