From: dinakar@us.ibm.com <dinakar@us.ibm.com>
To: eos@ops.ietf.org <eos@ops.ietf.org>
Date: 10 June 2002 14:22
Subject: Format of an IPv6 address in a snmp trap

Hi,

How should an IPv6 address be represented in the agent-address field of a Version 1 SNMP trap. Also, when a Version 1 trap is converted into a Version 2 trap or the other way around (as explained in the coexistence document), how should the IPv6 address be represented in the trap packet.

Thanks,
Dinakaran.