Re: RowStatus questions

Hi Wes,

Not speaking of any preference, but number 4 is acceptable from
an IETF perspective in my opinion.
For instance, the DIFFSERV-MIB has this in its compliance statements:

>    OBJECT diffServDataPathStatus
>    SYNTAX RowStatus { active(1) }
>    WRITE-SYNTAX RowStatus { createAndGo(4), destroy(6) }
>    DESCRIPTION
>       "Support for createAndWait and notInService is not required."

And this was a compromise after the MIB editor did not really
want to have the full implementation of a RowStatus.

Harrie

--On Thursday, May 9, 2002 9:40 PM -0700 Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net>