Re: RowStatus questions

Wes> So, if you were writing a (standards-based) MIB what would you do
Wes> given todays choices:

Wes> 4) use RowStatus but in the compliance statements specify that
Wes> the createAndWait enum value isn't required.

RowStatus is the only standardized way for creating/deleting rows. So
it should be used until we have something else. Approch 4) has been
adopted by the DiffServ MIB and I think it is as it reduces some
degrees of freedom when creating rows.

One can go even further to require or at least suggest a certain order
how to do things. The script MIB has some textual descriptions how an
application transaction (e.g. installing and launching a script) maps
to a sequence of SNMP operations.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>