EOS WG Status

Title: EOS WG Status

As is obvious from the lack of activity on the mailing list there is not much going on in EOS right now. Here is a status of what is happening.

We have a 2 hour slot in Minneapolis (presently on Monday from 1-3).

A new revision of the bulk data draft will be published by the March 1 cutoff date. The changes to that draft will be discussed in Minneapolis. A WG last call on the document will happen shortly after Minneapolis if no significant issues are identified by that time.

A new revision of the capabilities draft with minor changes will be published by the March 1 cutoff date. The changes to that draft will be discussed in Minneapolis. A WG last call on the document will happen shortly after Minneapolis if no significant issues are identified by that time.

Subtree deletion has never had any support in the working group. As such I recommend that this work item be dropped. If anybody believes that this work item should continue then please post to the list.

The last two work items are OID compression/suppression and row operations. We have a draft for each of those and we have a reasonable amount of dissention as to the correct approach for these two topics. The drafts have both expired, although they both still appear on the IETF's EOS WG page. I am looking for opinions for the next steps on these pieces of work. I have heard a range of opinions and would like to see the discussion on the list.

Please post your comments on any or all of these items. I will try to distill the messages and present the results in Minneapolis.

/gww