RE: Error Feedback

Hi -

> From: "Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortelnetworks.com>
> To: eos@ops.ietf.org
> Subject: RE: Error Feedback
> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:54:19 -0500
..
> Randy> I'm the editor for the update to RFC 1905.
> Randy> draft-ietf-snmpv3-update-proto-08.txt is
> Randy> currently in the RFC editor's queue, awaiting
> Randy> publication as full Standard.
>
> I guess I meant that I didn't think that anyone was
> editing it for changes from this working group. Will
> you be editing it for the sorts of changes being
> discussed here, or just those required for the SNMPv3
> charter?
..

I'd hazard a guess that such changes would be rather unlikely.
The document completed IETF last call and IESG review, and is
in the RFC editor queue for publication as full Standard.

These particular issues were raised and discussed extensively
on the SNMPv3 WG mailing list over the last several years, and
on the SNMPv2 WG list before that.  A browseable table is at
ftp://amethyst.bmc.com/pub/snmpv3/Update567/rfc1905/index.html

 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 randy_presuhn@bmc.com  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San Josť, California 95131  USA
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.