RE: Open/Closed Issues on SNMP Extended Protocol MIB

hi

Sharon> Adding "tooComplex" to 1905 means adding an error code to 1905
Sharon> that SNMPv3 managers would see, but would not understand.  We
Sharon> could fix this by holding up SNMPv3 and adding it, but I don't
Sharon> think that would go over very well.

Juergen> I think I was suggesting to add tooComplex to version 3 of the
Juergen> protocol operations and to map it to genErr (or whatever people
Juergen> think is a good choice) when people use version 2 of the protocol
Juergen> operations.

Wouldn't adding a new error code to version 3 require recycling the standard
back to draft?  It's taken so long to get SNMPv3 to the point it currently
is, do we really want to do this?

Sharon