Re: Open/Closed Issues on SNMP Extended Protocol MIB

Sharon> Adding "tooComplex" to 1905 means adding an error code to 1905
Sharon> that SNMPv3 managers would see, but would not understand.  We
Sharon> could fix this by holding up SNMPv3 and adding it, but I don't
Sharon> think that would go over very well.

I think I was suggesting to add tooComplex to version 3 of the
protocol operations and to map it to genErr (or whatever people
think is a good choice) when people use version 2 of the protocol
operations.

/js