Re: proposed row ops requirements

I would think being "fast" is just one possible aspect of making
something competitive with something else.  Bundled s/w components
are not not always the best-of-breed, idividually, but when you tie
things together in certain ways, you suddenly have overall advantages.

Perhaps a comprehensive feature set that also offers efficiency
advantages
(even if not quite as FAST as some other single-purpose protocols) might
be competive. Therefore, I would suggest somthing like:

"SNMP MUST be able to effectively compete with such protocols
as FTP and/or CLI in retrieving bulk data.  This SHOULD be measured
in terms of end-to-end response time, network loading, ease of use,
and ease of implementation."

Lauren