Re: proposed row ops requirements

>>>>> Sharon Chisholm writes:

Sharon> My problem with the way to (a) is written, is that I don't
Sharon> usually want the entire table - I only want some of the
Sharon> columns.  If we focus on efficiency for getting the entire
Sharon> table, then we may not actually gain anything.  If I get
Sharon> something 4 times more efficient, but I have to retrieve 4
Sharon> times the information to use the feature, then I'm exactly
Sharon> where I started.

So what about this:

(a) Make SNMP efficient so that retrieving complete tables or portions
    of potentially large tables is at least as fast as retrieving the
    same information via other channels (e.g. FTP or CLI).

/js