RE: draft-ietf-eos-snmp-rowops-00.txt

Lauren:

In draft-ietf-eos-snmp-rowops-00.txt section 3.2.2, you wrote:
   In cases of CreateRow, at least one column definition in each of the
   affected tables must have a MAX-ACCESS of read-create and the the
   affected rows MUST NOT already exist (in whole or part). If zero
   operands are provided in a rowOp, then the row must be able to be
   created in whole or part using only default values.

Is there a reason to not allow the operation if the row already exists?  I
think it would be a help in some cases to have the
"create-only-if-not-exists" functionality.  (For example "creating" a row in
snmpNotifyTable, where an entry may not exists or may exist but have
RowState of NotInService.)  Or is the intent that for those operations we
should use the traditional SetRequest?

Also in Appendix D, "Known Issues"
      -  Do we need a GetBulkRow request that makes use of similar OID
         suppression techniques as defined herein?  It might be argued
         this would be the most effective use of OID suppression.

Yes that would be very desirable!

Cheers,
Steve