Re: draft-ietf-eos-snmp-rowops-00.txt

Lauren:

I'm still in the process of reading this document, but I do have a few
initial comments regarding AgentX compatibility.  Going through and
updating all the subagents on our system is an expensive operation.  Even
if the changes are relatively minor, there is an immense amount of testing
that needs to be done.  Given the somewhat tepid customer demand for
improved SNMP functionality, it's hard to get resources assigned to this
kind of work, no matter how hard I scream.  If we can look at ways to try
to limit the changes needed to only the master agent, it's a really huge
win in my opinion.

-Matt

--On Thursday, April 19, 2001 10:26 AM -0700 Lauren Heintz