RE: submitted draft-ietf-eos-snmpxproto-mib-00.txt

hi Dave,

The vendor extensions table is in there since it
was identified as a requirement.  I started a
thread a while back discussing whether or not
this was a good idea, and got one response sort
of for it and one response strongly against it.
If we  get rough consensus that it should not be
in there, it will be removed.

The IANASnmpExtendedProtocol is not an OID, but
rather a bitmap.  Here is the skeletal definition:

SNMP-X-PROTOCOL-TC DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

-- IANA
IANASnmpExtendedProtocol ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS current
    DESCRIPTION
      ""
    SYNTAX BITS