Re: snmp payload compression

>5.2.1 ODC Algorithm
>
>   3.  Truncation of OIDs (which may shorten or enlarge OIDs).  A
>       truncation, which may only appear at the end, is encoded as
>       follows:

May appear only at the end of what? I assume you mean the compressed OID?
Does this imply that the first two can appear in any order? Can you have
multiple occurances of either of the first two?

Even if each can only occur once, there is still no indication of how many
of the 3 types will occur. So when decoding, how do you know if the byte
after the first compression type is another compression type or the start
of the value?