Re: EOS WG Minutes - Minneapolis

>Jeff's presentation was certainly entertaining. However, I did not
>really get his argument. I would like to learn more so that I can
>understand whether this "go to jail" phenomenon really exists.

I quizzed him about this after the meeting.  The "starting over"
happens only if the connection is completely dropped.  For example
if because of packet loss the operation takes so long that one of
the endpoints crashes or times out due to a keep-alive not being
acked.

I still think snmp over tcp could be a good idea for downloading
configuration information though.

Thanks,
-David