From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de]
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2001 04:45
To: Waters, Glenn [CANOI:I047:EXCH]
Cc: eos@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: draft-irtf-nmrg-snmp-tcp-06.txt

>>>>> Glenn Waters writes:

Glenn> Thanks for the input. Note that SNMP over TCP is not on the
Glenn> current charter.

Bulk transfer is on the charter. At least some folks believe that SNMP
over TCP is part of a potential bulk transfer solution. TO quote from
the NMRG SNMP over TCP document:

:  SNMP over TCP is an experimental optional transport mapping. It is
:  primarily defined to support more efficient bulk transfer mechanisms
:  within the SNMP framework [20].

Does your reaction imply that you have already ruled out some
approaches for bulk transfer?

Glenn> I was looking for the compression draft and could not find it
Glenn> in the archives. Has it expired? If it has expired when to you
Glenn> expect the new version to be available?

Yes, the ID has expired. Regarding a new revision, here is what I
wrote in my original message:

Juergen> We missed the cutoff deadline for an update of the compression
Juergen> document. But I hope to be able to circulate a new revision of
Juergen> this document on this list before the eos meeting in
Juergen> Minneapolis.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks